Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Most Delicious Brownies!

I love making mixes as you might soon guess.  It was my favorite thing to learn about using food storage.  Today I used my brownie mix.  I've altered this mix a little from Make a Mix Cookbook to work better for my needs and tastes.  Here is the recipe:

Brownie Mix
6 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp salt
8 cups sugar
1 (8 oz) can unsweetened cocoa powder

Mix in a large bowl.  If you don't have a large bowl, use a big pot.  Make sure it is completely mixed and pour into an airtight container.  I like to separate mine out into small plastic baggies premeasured so I can just dump it into the bowl and make brownies quick and easy.

Brownies
2 1/2 c. Brownie Mix
2 eggs
1/4 c. Vegetable Oil or melted butter
1/2 c. chopped nuts, chocolate chips, etc...
1/4 c. Water

These are cakey brownies, but they are delicious!  They are best when you make them thick, so put them in a square 9 x 9 pan.  Cook them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.  Your whole family will be so happy with you and you have used your food storage once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment